Lean healthcare consulting helps hospital administrators and healthcare professionals create the systems, standards, and processes needed to deliver excellent patient care. As healthcare continues to face greater quality-focused demands, today’s leaders need to think creatively about strategies that can help them achieve their goals. Lean healthcare consulting eliminates waste and puts the focus on critical processes and patients. Dealing with issues such as value-based purchasing, patient safety indicators, preventable readmissions, CAHPS surveys, and hospital-acquired conditions becomes easier when your healthcare organization has a culture of continuous improvement.
Helping Healthcare Organizations Achieve Continuous Improvement
Lean healthcare consulting is all about putting the focus where it should be: on the patient. Today’s healthcare environment is complex. No member of your team can afford to be distracted or unproductive. Yet it’s easy to get caught up in complicated processes that add little value. Through lean healthcare consulting, hospitals and other health-focused organizations can develop strategies that help them:
- Define their essential mission through True North exercises
- Get buy-in for building a culture of continuous improvement at all levels of the organization
- Create a network of empowered employees who focus on waste reduction and constantly look for ways to be more efficient
- Reduce long waits and information delays that slow down your team and lead to dissatisfied patients
- Eliminate risk areas that contribute to acquired infections and poor patient outcomes
- Increase productivity, leading to a direct impact on the bottom line
- Upgrade the standard of patient care, leading to a happier and healthier patient base
The Results of Effective Lean Healthcare Consulting
When lean initiatives are tailored to healthcare settings, they can generate impressive results. Incito’s team of experienced consultants can help you implement targeted programs that generate real short-term and long-term wins. Some examples of our results include:
- Reducing waste and variation within a clinic to improve employee engagement, reduce no-show rate from 12% to 5%, and maintain a 95th percentile satisfaction score. Improved revenue over $1M.
- Reducing inventory and improving layout and efficiency within the central sterile supply area resulting in over $1M savings.
- Reducing waste and improving workflow within an inpatient pharmacy resulting in $300K annualized savings.
- Engaging employees within an operating room to reduce waste, improve on-time starts, reduce turnover time, and improve patient satisfaction. Boosted revenue by more than $1M.
- Improving patient flow within the emergency department, reducing boarding time by 30% and improving satisfaction score from the 25th percentile to the 85th percentile.
- Engaging nursing and materials staff in Kaizen and 5S events to improve nursing satisfaction and charge capture accuracy by 25%.
Are you ready to explore how lean healthcare consulting can transform your organization’s operations, culture, and patient service? It all starts with a partner who has a deep track record of driving change in healthcare organizations. Contact Incito today to discuss your situation and arrange for a personalized consultation with one of our practice leaders.
ONE OF OUR INSPIRED HEALTHCARE CLIENTS